Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sad Story

I just met a friend for dinner last week and we talked about the course that I'm studying. He told me he was and is interested in taking the course but there is something holding him back. It is actually his girlfriend who stopped him from taking the course. I can understand if they are planning to get married and need consistent income to sustain the family. However, that's not the reason.... the actual reason is his girlfriend told him that he is not an artistic nor a creative person and would never make it. I was furious when I heard about it, and it was exactly the same thing that I heard from someone who was dear to me. Instead of giving support, she actually kicked my friend to a corner and look down on him. I was really sad to hear about this and I tried to encourage him not to be shaken by anything if he is serious about doing what he likes. Sigh... there is only so much I can do to help.

To everyone out there who loves art.. please do not give up. I'm improving with only 3 months of intensive training and I will be uploading my files real soon (was really bz with my work recently). Look at my other classmates' work too and they will prove me right.

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."

Pablo Picasso quotes.


To all my classmates... Hang in there! We can make it together!

Term 2 here we come! ^_^

2 comments: